Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page. If you have a question that isn't answered here, please contact us.
How do I redeem my access token?
You can redeem your access token by visiting our access page. This page also contains information on what to do if you are experiencing problems.
I am having problems with my access token, what do I do?
Visit the access page for help and advice on what to do if you have any problems with your access token.
I don't have an access token but would like to access Politics Trove, what do I need to do?
Individuals can purchase access to subject collections on Politics Trove, as well as the complete collection. Please visit the subscribe page for details on what's available to purchase, and how to do it.
If you have any problems accessing the content please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The title I am interested in doesn’t appear to be available.
Politics Trove now contains over 35 politics textbooks across core and optional subjects.
Click here for a list of available titles.
What happens to the content when a new edition of that book publishes?
You will continue to have access to the previous edition for the duration of your subscription. New editions of titles published between September and December will be added in January. Titles publishing after December will not be made available until new collections are created over the summer.
I am an academic, can I get trial access to the titles I am interested in?
Contact your campus representative to discuss your requirements and be given trial access to Politics Trove.
I am an academic interested in purchasing a subscription to a few titles only, is that possible?
It’s not possible to subscribe to a single title, or small selection of titles. Politics Trove content can be purchased in one of three subject collections (International Relations, European Politics, and Political Theory), as an introductory collection, or as a full collection of 30 titles. Please contact your campus representative for more information.
Is my access to Politics Trove time limited?
Yes, access is for a period of 6 or 12 months from the time you redeem your access token. There is no access to the content you have subscribed to after that period.
How do I know what content I have access to?
Once you have logged in, the books you have access to will have an open padlock icon displayed alongside them. If you only want the content you can access to be displayed, click on the green padlock option under 'Availability' in the search screen.
I am a student, can I get trial access to additional titles I am interested in?
No, at present, as a student you can only get access to the titles your institution has subscribed to, or subject collections you have bought online (see below). Trial access for individuals is not currently available.
How can I subscribe to content I don’t currently have access to?
Individuals can purchase access to subject collections on Politics Trove, as well as the introduction to politics and complete collections. Please visit the subscribe page for details on what's available to purchase, and how to do it.
Can I export my annotations?
Yes, use the checkbox in the left-most column of the table of saved annotations to select the annotations you want to export, then click the export button. Select your desired format: CSV (Excel), PDF or Word, and then an appropriately formatted file will be downloaded to your computer.
How do I cite from Politics Trove in an essay?
You can cite accurately at a book and chapter level by selecting the pencil icon in the toolbar; the popular referencing formats are shown; choose your preferred one and either copy the text directly from the pop up and paste it in your bibliography, or export it in an appropriate format.
How do I change my username?
You can change your username by contacting our customer support team at email@example.com
I registered and now can't access my account. Why not?
There are a number of reasons why you may not be able to access the site. Firstly, check that you are typing your username and password correctly - remember they are case sensitive and should not include any spaces. You may want to try clearing your cache before attempting to login.
Your access could have also ceased due to end of your access period being reached, the concurrent user limit being exceeded or abuse being detected on your account.
It's also worth remembering that you can only have one live log on at a time, so you cannot log on to your subscription on both a PC and a tablet. If you attempt to do this you'll see an error message. If you forget to log out from a previous device, wait half an hour for the system to reset itself before you try again.
If you are unable to ascertain why you are unable to access please contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org, providing details of any error message you receive.
What are the technical requirements for using this website?
Politics Trove will display correctly on most modern browsers. The platform supports the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, IE 11, and Microsoft Edge.
Although Politics Trove will work across a range of devices, you may find some functionality is reduced on tablet or mobile devices.
What if I have problems accessing the website?
Please do the following:
- Check that you are connected to the internet when you try to use the site
- Try going to another website. If you can't, your internet service may be experiencing problems.
- Check that you are typing your email and password correctly.
- Check that you are using a recommended browser: Internet Explorer 9.0 or later, or Firefox 3. If not, try going to the website using one of the recommended browsers.
- Check whether you are using a firewall
- If you do use a firewall, add www.oxfordpoliticstrove.com to your trusted sites, also known as your whitelist. If that does not work, deactivate the firewall and then try accessing www.oxfordpoliticstrove.com again. If deactivating the firewall does work, remember to activate it again when you have finished using the website.
- Check whether you are behind a proxy server
- If you are, it may be blocking your access to www.oxfordpoliticstrove.com. Contact your system administrator and ask them to allow you access to the website.
- Do you use security software? This may be blocking access to www.oxfordpoliticstrove.com
- Check whether you have cleared your cache recently
- Your browser cache is a temporary storage area that holds web pages that you have looked at. Getting information from the cache is usually quicker for the browser than getting it from the internet. Such decisions are made in the background and you usually do not need to be involved. However, this can mean that you do not get the most recent version of a web page. If you are finding that the website is behaving strangely, you might find that the problem is fixed by clearing (or emptying) your cache.
To clear your cache in Firefox:
- Log out of the website and close all other open browser windows
- On the Tools menu select Options.
- Click the Privacy icon and then the Clear Now button.
- Click the Clear Private Data Now button.
- Click OK.
To clear your cache in Internet Explorer:
- Log out of the website and close all other open browser windows.
- On the Tools menu select Internet Options.
- On the General tab select Delete browsing history on exit, checkbox and Select Delete.
- Click the OK button.
What accessibility standards does the site meet?
Please refer to our accessibility statement here: www.oxfordpoliticstrove.com/page/accessibility or use the link in the footer.
What is your policy on third party data mining?
Oxford University Press recognizes the research benefit of Text and Data Mining (TDM) across a variety of research fields. As such, we are happy to accommodate TDM for non-commercial use. If you have any questions please e-mail Data.Mining@oup.com.
How are the Politics Trove usage reports defined?
Oxford University Press provides usage statistics that are compliant with the COUNTER Code of Practice, Release 5.
These reports are designed to be clear, flexible, and consistent. For more information and to access reports for your institution, please see our Usage Statistics page for librarians.
Is there a list of the new editions included in the 2021 collection available on Politics Trove?
Yes, you can see all the titles included in the 2021 collection listed in our DOI Link spreadsheet. All new editions are noted with a 'Y' in the 'New' column. Use the filter in this column to view only new titles.
This spreadsheet also contains all the DOI link for each book and chapter available on Politics Trove. DOI links are the easiest way to direct students to their reading. Simply copy the link across and use it as a hyperlink in your course materials. For more help with using DOI links, see our tutorial video.