Redeem your access code
If you don't have an access code but would like to buy 6 or 12 months access to Politics Trove, please visit the Subscribe page for details on how to do this.
How to redeem your access code
- Have your access code to hand and click here
- Enter your code and activate your account
- Fill in your details and choose a password to create your account
By activating your code you indicate that you accept our terms and conditions.
- Your account will be activated immediately and you can begin discovering.
- You will not need your activation code once your account has been set up. On subsequent log-ins you will just need your username and password.
- Your access code can only be redeemed once and is not transferable.
- You must activate your access code before 30 June 2022. Access will last for 6 or 12 months from activation.
My access code doesn’t work. What do I do?
If you’ve entered your code correctly, and it doesn’t work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. It would help us if you include the name of your institution, how you were given your code, and the access number in your email.
I’ve set up my access but my login doesn’t work.
Please email us at email@example.com, including as much information as possible about your situation.
I've had my access code for a while but haven't redeemed it yet, is there a time limit?
Yes, you must activate your code before 30 June 2022, after that it will expire.
I'm getting an error message telling me "The simultaneous user limit associated with your subscription has been exceeded" what do I do?
All users have a single concurrency (i.e there can't be more than one person using the same login to access Politics Trove) so if you've failed to log out correctly, or if your browser closes unexpectedly, or if you try to open a further session within a different browser, the system thinks you are still logged in and you'll be denied access. This can generally be avoided by:
- Always logging out at the end of the session
- Always log out when you've used a shared computer
- Only using one browser to access the site
- Waiting approximately 25-30 minutes for the session to ‘expire’
- Clearing saved cookies and cache from your browser
If you are still experiencing login problems please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with as much information as possible.
Additional help can be found on our FAQ pages