European Union Politics equips readers to understand the European Union and the topical debates and issues which surround it. Alongside comprehensive coverage of the history, theory, institutions, and policies of the EU, it features chapters on contemporary issues and current debates, including democracy and legitimacy in the EU, citizens and public opinion, the economic crisis, and a new chapter on Brexit. Helpful learning features throughout the text, including key points, questions, and examples, support learning.
Keywords:democracy, European Union, EU, legitimacy, public opinion, economic crisis, politics
You do not currently have access to this chapter
Please sign in to access the full content.
Access to the full content requires a subscription
- Front Matter
- 1. Introduction Michelle Cini and Nieves Pérez-Solórzano Borragán
- Part 1 The Historical Context
- Part 2 Theories and Conceptual Approaches
- Part 3 Institutions and Actors
- Part 4 Policies and Policy-making
- Part 5 Issues and Debates
- End Matter