Access to the complete content on Politics Trove requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- 1. Introduction: US foreign policy—past, present, and futureMichael Cox and Doug Stokes
- Section 1 Rethinking America
- Section 2 Historical Contexts
- 4. The US rise to world power, 1776–1945Walter LaFeber
- 5. The economic rise of a superpower: from Washington to TrumpMichael Cox
- 6. American foreign policy during the Cold WarRichard Saull
- 7. America in the 1990s: searching for purposeJohn Dumbrell
- 8. The twenty-first century and smart powerJoseph S. Nye, Jr.
- Section 3 Institutions and Processes
- Section 4 The United States and the World
- Section 5 Key Issues
- Section 6 Futures and Scenarios
- 22. The American liberal order: from creation to crisisG. John Ikenberry
- 23. Drifting apart? The emerging end of the transatlantic partnershipStephen M. Walt
- 24. The future of US foreign policyAnatol Lieven
- 25. US decline or primacy? A debateChristopher Layne, William Wohlforth, and Stephen G. Brooks